CARE Canada offers a limited number of internship and volunteer opportunities each year both at its headquarters in Ottawa and in its operations overseas. All opportunities are posted on our Internship Opportunities page. CARE does not accept unsolicited applications directly.
CARE Canada also works with several Canadian universities and corporate partners in offering internships.
CARE Canada internships aim to provide young Canadians with a valid international work experience within a CARE program. This experience will prepare interns for a possible future career in international development.
Through internship programs, interns will:
- acquire cross-cultural skills for working and interacting in an international setting
- enhance their skills and knowledge acquired in Canadian educational and work environments
- learn about how an international development agency functions (both internal systems and relations with community & donors)
- acquire contacts for future work in an international context
- learn how development processes and programs are implemented by southern partners