5 Actions you can take on International Women’s Day
Mar 6, 2019
March 8th is International Women's Day and it is a time to celebrate women across the globe! As we celebrate, we also remember there is still more work for us to do to build a more equal world for everyone.
More than 32 million women and girls around the world are facing humanitarian emergencies. You can use your voice to make a difference and help change this!
All month, CARE is highlighting the rights of women and girls during times of emergency as part of our #March4Women global movement for gender equality in humanitarian assistance.
We are calling on Canada to lead efforts to uphold the rights of women and girls where they are most under threat: in conflict and emergency settings. When an emergency strikes, the rights of women and girls cannot be an afterthought.
Are you looking for a way to get involved? Here are 5 quick actions you can take for a more equal world:
- Join our #March4Women campaign and add your name now in support of a more equal world for women and girls!
- Spread the word on social media that you're making the month of #March4Women. Click here for graphics you can download and share.
- Give emergency gifts such as a Disaster Support Kit.
- Speak up for gender equality at home, with friends, and in your community – today and every day!
- Donate to the CARE Emergency Response Fund and help CARE immediately respond to emergencies and prepare communities for future disasters.