Media advisory: CARE at Women Deliver
May 30, 2019
Coming together to end inequality
From June 3-6, more than 8,000 people from over 160 countries will travel to Vancouver for Women Deliver 2019.
It will be the world’s largest conference on gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of women and girls in this decade.
International humanitarian and development organization CARE is committed to putting women and girls at the heart of our efforts because we know we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. CARE will be attending Women Deliver to share our evidence and experience from the women and girls we work with across the world. Whether it’s in the midst of crisis or helping to overcome poverty, they prove why it’s so critical we come together to end inequality.
Leading up to and at the conference, CARE will host and participate in more than a dozen panel discussions and side-events. We will also showcase four short films at the Women Deliver film festival.
CARE will have experts available from countries including Canada, Bangladesh, Ethiopia, Ghana, Nepal, Turkey and the US.
Among topics at Women Deliver, CARE will have specialists available to discuss child, early and forced marriage; gender in emergencies; nutrition and food security; sexual and reproductive health and rights; and women’s economic empowerment.
- For journalists attending Women Deliver, CARE’s booth will be located at Booth #615-618
- CARE will also have an expert on gender in emergencies at the Women Deliver Expert Desk, June 6, from 1:00-1:30pm.
- Simran Singh is originally from the Vancouver area and works as CARE Canada’s director of global strategy and gender equality. The Expert Desk is located in the Media Center on the first level of the Vancouver Convention Center, located right next to the Plenary Hall.
- CARE will also be participating in three public events, which do not require formal media accreditation with Women Deliver.
- June 3 – 3:00-4:00 - Celebrating Youth Leadership in Sexual & Reproductive Rights (SRHR) Around the Globe (CARE, Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights, Action Canada for Sexual Health & Rights RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.es/e/celebrating-youth-leadership-in-srhr-around-the-world-registration-62002567348
- June 3 – 6:00 – 8:00 - Women’s Health Rights and the SDGs (CARE, Interagency Coalition on AIDS and Development, Youth Coalition for Sexual and Reproductive Health & Rights). Event full, but journalists can contact CARE
- June 6 – 12:30-2:00 – Closing the Access Gap: Services for survivors of sexual and gender-based violence in emergencies (Medicins du Monde, CARE, Center for Reproductive Rights) RSVP: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/billets-closing-the-access-gap-services-for-survivors-of-sexual-and-gender-based-violence-in-emergencies-61941552852
- For more details on CARE’s participation at Women Deliver along with clips of the videos CARE will show at the film festival, visit: care.ca/women-deliver
For more information or to arrange interviews, contact:
Communications Specialist | CARE Canada
firstname.lastname@example.org | +1-613-228-5641