I Am Powerful Councils
I Am Powerful Councils are groups of influential individual women who come together in cities across Canada to raise awareness and funds for CARE's work in lifting women and girls out of poverty. Members inspire others in their communities to help CARE empower women and girls in the developing world. This movement started in 2012 and councils are now forming in cities across the country. Each I Am Powerful council is unique because all members joining them are unique. Their common thread? Engaged and passionate people willing to volunteer their time here in Canada to make a difference in the world.
Why should I join an I Am Powerful Council in my city?
- You are passionate about making positive changes in the lives of women, girls and their families in developing nations.
- You want to join like-minded individuals who have come together to help CARE's mission of ending global poverty and empowering women and girls worldwide.
- You want to use your skills and networks to build awareness and raise funds for CARE's work and inspire others to get involved.
What's involved in becoming an I Am Powerful Council member?
- You will learn about CARE's work and international development, and have the ability to engage others on what you have learned. You will promote CARE through a variety of ways including social media and speaking engagements, and inform CARE of further opportunities in your community.
- You will make an annual donation to CARE Canada based on your ability to give.
- You will help raise funds to support a CARE project through a personal donation, by inspiring others to give, or by organizing fundraising events to rally your friends, social and professional networks, as well as your wider community.
- You will attend council meetings to discuss your group's objectives. With guidance and support from a CARE Regional Manager, or other representative, each council will develop its own priorities and plan the activities it wishes to undertake to reach its goals.
- You will learn how your gift has an impact on the lives of women, girls, men and boys, and their communities through special reports from the project your council has selected.
How do I join?
To find out how you can become involved with an I Am Powerful Council in your city, please contact us at email@example.com
Current IAPC members include:
Helen Wesley, Chair
Janet Yale, Chair
Martha Piper, Co-Chair